Chastise - 80 (and a half) years ago

Hello everyone,

I live about a 10 minute car ride from the Möhne dam, so naturally I had to build a dambuster. I did, about 15 years ago, the Revell one (others hard to get here). Not the newer version that happened to turn up in stores a few months after, but the decade-old animal with no interior (just like with my B-17). I did some upgrading, without any AM parts but strickly selfmade. Well, almost, I got a spare pilot seat from my pal who had a new "normal" Lanc, and I peeked into his instructions for building an interior. The crew was on board, although the only visible thing of the radioman was a piece of yellow lifvest through the window. After that, I moved several times, and the model disappeared in a box. 

About 2 weeks ago, I got to, well, upgrade my show-cupboard, suddenly had lots of empty room, and while looking for things to place there stumbeled upon the Lancaster. By accident I got the idea for a display... and here it is.

spacer.png

A plank with half a plastic chopstick.

spacer.png

Horribly silvered decals. So be it. No time to upgrade, didn't want to wait half a year for the full anniversary.

)spacer.pngspacer.png

No, you haven't had a pint too many... one focus on the pilot and flight engineer, the other on the maps of the navigator.

spacer.png

The cockpit hood (is that correct with such a big thing?) had come loose during storage, and in an unfortunate accident the radioman went AWOL. I got him of course, but there's no way to get him sit at his post again.

spacer.png

I decided to do Gibson's plane.

spacer.png

Starting with the wooden stand, I wasn't sure if I had a good idea or if it'd turn out absolutely hideous. Actually, I'm rather pleased with it. What do you think?

spacer.png

RRRROOOAAAAARRRRing across the water towards the dam...

That's all (for now, might redo some things, like the prop discs),

Johnny Tip out.

(No mention of the codeword for success? ... No.)

• Like 16