Duxford Flying Days VE Day May 2023

• 2 weeks later...

great pics.

What was the traffic situation like on this one? The last Duxford FD I went to last year put me off massively from going to another one, which is a shame. I'd been to several over the last couple of years, and they were great - good flying selection, but enough of an "underground" event that the crowds and traffic weren't excessive. The USAF 75th Anniversary one last year though was a shambles - seems word has got out about them now.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, robstopper said:

great pics.

What was the traffic situation like on this one? The last Duxford FD I went to last year put me off massively from going to another one, which is a shame. I'd been to several over the last couple of years, and they were great - good flying selection, but enough of an "underground" event that the crowds and traffic weren't excessive. The USAF 75th Anniversary one last year though was a shambles - seems word has got out about them now.

Thanks Rob, I'm pleased you like the pictures.

I try to go to most Flying Days because as IWM members, my wife and I get free entry (one of the few worthwhile diminishing benefits!)

IWM strictly limit sales of tickets for Flying Days, so I think the car park problem must be due to a lack of active marshals in the car park who allow the chaos to take over! That said, we waited for an hour or so after the final display and drove straight out of the car park without queuing! 

• Thanks 1

The first one of the season always seemed quieter. I think the USAF one was busy as it was during the school holidays too, and they had given away loads of tickets to military personnel.

I'm an IWM member too, should be over there this saturday for the 4th time already this year, to catch up with my friends at The Suffolk Spitfire