Are there any 1:35/1:32 scale British service helicopter kits out there? - available to buy in UK.

bootneck

Hi Booty. Exe Squawk/HAAF erešŸ˜¬

Ā 

Mate, to be honest there is very little in any scale covering our service.Ā 

Ā 

The H13 you are on about it not a Sioux AH1, itā€™s quite far removed (but with a hell of a lot of work you might be in with a chance although I believe even the cabin was narrower than ours). If you want images and excerpts from the topic 1s I can help but I donā€™t have images of the old HF fit, justbdrawings.

Ā 

I am currently working on one of the Aussie 47s with 161 recce squadron that was pretty close to ours in 1:48 but the italeri kit is shocking....but all we have. Some wag suggested in an article that it was in scale. He has never seen or worked on a Sioux thenšŸ™„.

Ā 

Airfix did a half decent Lynx 7 (one scheme was 3CBAS with TOW which might be my choice yet) but missed the point by not having a 5 or Mk1 GT option, so Granby cabs will need some surgery (Belchers bits did a kit but itā€™s discontinued sadly).Ā 

Ā 

The 1:48 Gazelles are pretty well all based on the old heller 1:50 kit and....you guessed it....will need loads of surgery (I have 2, there are some seriously iffy marking options, the CBAS cab is wrong as the model is an HT2 but they based it on a civvy HT2 painted as an AH1). Ā Some parts are so far of the mark it makes you wonder what they based it on.Ā 

Ā 

Beaver....Airfix and loads of patience....in Braille scale.

Ā 

The queen of the skies, the thinking manā€™s Spitfire, the dear old Scout is still not represented and aside of a few near misses probably wonā€™t be now.Ā 

Ā 

The old airfix kit is it now and although I have 3, one is in the ā€œwhen I feel the need to self harmā€ pilešŸ˜¢

Ā 

Personally it disgusts me that the Corps (and 3CBAS) seem to matter so little given itā€™s exploits but itā€™s a bit like the Spitfire v Hurricane waffle. If you know, you know, but since most donā€™t care....

Ā 

Good luck mate, see you did Corporate/Sutton, respect. I started training that sept and went down 84/85 with Blowpipe.

• Like 2