Vampire FB.5 seat

Pritch

I agree, gingerbob, it would be possible to do some improvements, given a photo to copy, but the size -- who's right, Airfix or everyone else?

And thanks for the link, 224 Peter. The one photo with a glimpse of the seat shows that it's a brown resin one. The grey IP is interesting, and I suspect there are some Canadian modifications going on here. One other thing is that the control column grip is a non-circular one like in the Airfix kit. Pity the links on that page seem to have suffered from link rot.

In all the photos I've seen, what stands out is how cluttered the cockpit is, and how simplified the Airfix is. Probably doesn't matter much though because you can't see much in a black 50s  cockpit.

Edited by Pritch

1 hour ago, Pritch said:

One other thing is that the control column grip is a non-circular one like in the Airfix kit.

In all the photos I've seen, what stands out is how cluttered the cockpit is, and how simplified the Airfix is.

Hi again,

Ha, when I first saw the control column I half-wondered if my handgrip had gotten smooshed.

I haven't studied cockpit photos yet, but I was musing on whether the level of detail in the kit was "adequate" or too plain.  I'm not a cockpit obsessive, so the jury's still out for my personal opinion. 

I will say that driving home from work this afternoon I was contemplating freeing some parts from the sprues and beginning to play "in 3D"- it was a level of inspiration/anticipation I haven't felt often enough lately (which isn't really a comment on the quality of kits, it's just my own weirdness (aka "life")).

bob