1:32 Revell H145 Wales Air Ambulance

Jered

I would not believe such things were possible had I not just spent two hours browsing this thread. You sir, are quite brilliant! This is obviously a labour of love and the finished article, I dare say, will surely be one of the very best scale models man has ever made.

Please have it done before the type retires 🤣 And please make a video when it is presented to the chaps that fly and work with the real deal.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Been super busy recently, but here's a mini update:

I finally finished modelling another interior part on the computer. ECG monitor (?) I think. This hangs from the cabin ceiling on linear rails so that it can be moved around for ergonomic use. Not painted terribly well, I might re print it at a much finer resolution. 

2023-12-09-13.30.04.jpg?rlkey=qsry8frm8o

And here's it with one of the seats:

2023-12-07-21.24.12.jpg?rlkey=r3j6llmvlv

It still needs the restraints and buckles made for it. The back is really plain but I'll PVA some tissue onto the back to make it look like the cover. 

Hopefully I'll have some time over Christmas to really get into it again.

All the best,

Jered

On 21/06/2023 at 23:16, Clio182 said:

I would not believe such things were possible had I not just spent two hours browsing this thread. You sir, are quite brilliant! This is obviously a labour of love and the finished article, I dare say, will surely be one of the very best scale models man has ever made.

Please have it done before the type retires 🤣 And please make a video when it is presented to the chaps that fly and work with the real deal.

Too kind! I find this forum to be very inspiring 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Jered said:

ECG monitor (?) I think.

I am in awe of this build.

Absolutely amazing.

It is sooo detailed and life like I can tell you that the box question is the ventilator (not an ECG) I can even tell you that it looks like a Drager Oxylog to me. That is based on the amazing detail of your model, not any actual knowledge of what the Wales air ambulance uses!

(We use the Hamilton T1 down here in Australia.)

Have loved this thread from the start, continuing to watch in admiration.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AlxBNE said:

I am in awe of this build.

Absolutely amazing.

It is sooo detailed and life like I can tell you that the box question is the ventilator (not an ECG) I can even tell you that it looks like a Drager Oxylog to me. That is based on the amazing detail of your model, not any actual knowledge of what the Wales air ambulance uses!

(We use the Hamilton T1 down here in Australia.)

Have loved this thread from the start, continuing to watch in admiration.

Ah that's great info! And thanks so much for the kind words. I'm definitely going to update the the 3D model as I didn't have the input/outputs on the RHS of the unit like the below photograph:

OXYLOG3000-2.jpg

Obviously it's a tiny detail, but it's taken an effort to draw so I may as well make it better.

Does anyone have any suggestions for crew figures? Drawing people is a little beyond what I'm able to draw on the computer 

• Like 1

Evening folks!

After some remodeling, here's the result. Left one was my original, right is my updated version. Spot the difference -  do it now before it's hidden away forever inside the bowels of the heli never to seen again... But we know it's there!

2023-12-12-13.20.37.jpg?rlkey=0jebi5r63e

I changed the print resolution down from 0.06 layers to 0.03 and I also changed the orientation of the part which has resulted in less distortion (see below)

spacer.png

Hard to see, but the back of the carcasse isn't flat. I think I'm starting to get the hang of proper part orientation to reduce distortion

Below is another batch of Bucher AC70 interior parts

2023-12-14-07.36.57.jpg?rlkey=1ru7nr8yxi

The thing I'm loving about rapid prototyping is how fast new iterations are to do. Here's the non-operator side of the bottle rack

2023-12-14-17.19.59.jpg?rlkey=x0x8xrlg92

Old one on the left, new on the right. I found a better reference picture of this so I couldn't resist enhancing it. There were a couple of mistakes I noticed after printing so I'll go again with it. I think also making the bottles removable is better as it will make it much easier to paint it.

Hopefully I'll get around to slapping some paint on it this weekend 

Cheers!

Jered.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Merry Christmas all!

I think I've cracked it! I ended up doing a third version of the bottle rack - basically making the bottles separately to the rack in order to paint everything more effectively.

2023-12-30-19.42.31.jpg?rlkey=0zameq6tw4

I airbrushed all of it with some dull aluminium and then hand painted the gray and blue. It does sometimes feel like having endless possibilities - part of me wants to 3d print sundries like gloves boxes etc to put on the main cabinet.

2023-12-30-19.43.17.jpg?rlkey=awlcuhbrt3

2023-12-30-19.42.49.jpg?rlkey=h07gpyvkcs

Next up on the to do list is the syringe drivers (perfusors) 

Enjoy!

Jered

• Like 7