MK8 LCT plans or kit.

OutcastJoel

Hello Folks,

A friend is hoping to make a model of his dad's LCT (HMAV Arakan) but neither of us can find anything.

I have looked all around the internet including attempting to search through the National Maritime Museum's online library but I have diddly squat.

I suppose I could work it out from photos but I would prefer it to be fairly accurate.

Does anyone have any ideas?

• 3 months later...
On 2/14/2021 at 1:12 PM, OutcastJoel said:

Hello Folks,

A friend is hoping to make a model of his dad's LCT (HMAV Arakan) but neither of us can find anything.

I have looked all around the internet including attempting to search through the National Maritime Museum's online library but I have diddly squat.

I suppose I could work it out from photos but I would prefer it to be fairly accurate.

Does anyone have any ideas?

@OutcastJoelNot sure if you have seen this site.

https://www.maritimequest.com/warship_directory/great_britain/pages/british_army_landing_craft/hmav_arakan_l4164_message_board.htm

May help. Mt apologies if you have and for being late to respond. I went through about the same looking for plans for the Vietnam Era LST. The plus was not much changes from WWII.

I'm guessing the structure is similar to the lst being flat bottom and a shallow rise to the stern. So good luck and would like seeing tour build.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 1