Lille-Lesquin through WW2 (3/6) - 1943: Messerschmitt Me410 V/KG2 (Fine Molds 1/72)

55 minutes ago, AntoineG said:

Does anyone have more information? To replace it, I have ordered AK Interactive one. Do you know it? Is there any other you would recommend?

Putty’s a difficult one. Tamiya putty’s not bad, disappointed to hear it’s discontinued.  I really like the old formulation squadron( testors ?) green stuff ( the newer formulations ok but seems to separate in the tube and has to be decanted into a jar and mixed to get it back to a workable state) and perfect plastic putty is fairly good too but doesn’t stick as well as the solvent based putties. I’ve also tried the Vallejo stuff and I find it’s ok for deep grooves but not so good as a fine filler. 

Actually just checked on eBay no green stuff but scads of Tamiya putty so maybe the simple answer is just to buy a little stockpile of that. I know my green stuff lasted forty years, so I’d presume the Tamiya stuff would be useable for a long time.

Edited by Marklo

Hi,

@Marklo, thank you for your answer on the putty. I’ve just received AK interactive one and tried it straight away on the Me410. First impression is good. It is quite fluid (a much appreciated changed compared to an (very) old Tamiya Putty tube). Adherence is good. It is drying now so I’ll let you know my feedback with regard to sanding and finishing in a later post.

On the model itself, I’ve added one last detail to the cockpit before starting the canopy jigsaw: the gunsight. It is not provided by Fine Molds. On the Me410, it is attached on the top of the windshield. So, using an old Bf109 gunsight (probably Airfix) upside down, I built a structure around it with some plastic cards painted it and attached it on the windscreen using PVA glue. Let’s hope the attachment area will be well hidden by the frame that I will paint later.

spacer.png

Cheers,

Antoine

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Bonjour Antoine. Je suis Pierre Antoine Courouble. Je travaille justement en ce moment à l'écriture de la suite de mon livre en collaboration avec 4 collègues (publication prévue pour cet automne). Ton projet me paraît éminemment sympathique. Je projette moi-même de reconstituer numériquement en 3D Lille-Lesquin pour des sceneries de MSFS2020 dont je souhaite extraire des films vidéos pour le web. 4 sceneries sont envisagées: en 1917, 1938, 1943 et 1960... Au plaisir déchanger avec toi. Amitiés aéronautiques. PAC

Pour te donner une idée du rendu : https://youtu.be/S2xvYHQAI7w