1/48 - Fairey Flycatcher (early, late & floatplane) by Armory Models Group - released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Fairey Flycatcher (early, late & floatplane) by Armory Models Group - released
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/05/2018 at 20:02, Ali62 said:

That looks very nice, it is one of the aircraft  I really like and there are some really cool schemes that can be done.

Ali

Some of the schemes are already included into the kit, six various versions to be precise. Somehow I cannot place a link here from the FB with the camo schemes and decals.. https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=2976264692644762&set=pcb.2976264975978067 - try this? 

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the informative posts, fellas. Metal floatplane version ordered from a local supplier here in Oz. Strewth! Can't pick up from the store cos we're in lockdown, so the vagaries of a swamped postal service come into play. I look forward to having a first gawk in the box at the plastic fantastic.

Hello!

I wonder, is there a known release date for a Flycatcher on wooden floats? Seems to me, that AR48001, AR48002, AR48004 were released, but the ...03, version with wooden floats, which would be my pick, was somehow skipped. I mean, is it possible that this subproject was simply cancelled and will not get released?

The only info is a nice boxart on FB, but this was published 1,5 year ago...

Thx

Edited by juhu

2 hours ago, juhu said:

Hello!

I wonder, is there a known release date for a Flycatcher on wooden floats? Seems to me, that AR48001, AR48002, AR48004 were released, but the ...03, version with wooden floats, which would be my pick, was somehow skipped. I mean, is it possible that this subproject was simply cancelled and will not get released?

The only info is a nice boxart on FB, but this was published 1,5 year ago...

Thx

Still in the future releases section at Hannants, at least.

Paul.

We are working hard to have the AR48003 at the SMW 2021 this November at Telford. We have a stand almost opposite Hannants and by the time the SMW 2021 is on the Hannants and us should have Flycatcher Floatplane EARLY (wooden floats) available to buy. The reason this kit is delayed is simple - we run quite few projects at the same time and it is a bit of a challenge to harry this or that project while dealing with issues encountered with other projects...

Please bear with us.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Maginot said:

Armory 48004 1/48 Fairey Flycatcher on Metal Floats arrived in the post yesterday. My reaction after a quick gawk in the box? It's a delightful kit.

Thank you for your kind words! I hope the kit is fun and pleasure to build too! Here is a finished model for your reference: https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=2991736791097552&set=pcb.2991736974430867

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 12:02 PM, Bikitzer said:

We are working hard to have the AR48003 at the SMW 2021 this November at Telford. We have a stand almost opposite Hannants and by the time the SMW 2021 is on the Hannants and us should have Flycatcher Floatplane EARLY (wooden floats) available to buy. The reason this kit is delayed is simple - we run quite few projects at the same time and it is a bit of a challenge to harry this or that project while dealing with issues encountered with other projects...

Please bear with us.   

Thank you very much for update. Would it be already possible to show here the marking schemes? I would be very interested to see them, if their release it is not reserved for November together with the kit. Thx.

4 minutes ago, juhu said:

Thank you very much for update. Would it be already possible to show here the marking schemes? I would be very interested to see them, if their release it is not reserved for November together with the kit. Thx.

Unfortunately for me I don't know how to attach the images to my posts here. The forum offers to insert the images from URL only but we did not publish the camo schemes & markings on the Internet yet. My business partner is more advanced in this respect and he reads this thread too, so hopefully he'll come to rescue :)

25 minutes ago, Bikitzer said:

Unfortunately for me I don't know how to attach the images to my posts here. The forum offers to insert the images from URL only but we did not publish the camo schemes & markings on the Internet yet. My business partner is more advanced in this respect and he reads this thread too, so hopefully he'll come to rescue :)

You don't need to have published them, but you do need to have sent them to an image hosting site, and from there you can get a suitable link to paste into a posting here. If it's been done right you can find out by hitting preview before post and the image will appear with your text.

BTW, I built the first issue of the Flycatcher kit and was very impressed (apart from all the fiddly resin pipes for the engine, but that's down to me rushing it too much).

Paul.

34 minutes ago, Bikitzer said:

This would be great to get it done somehow. If I could help I would, indeed the only option seems to be to post it to some web image share and link it from there as suggested by Paul.

3 hours ago, Paul Thompson said:

You don't need to have published them, but you do need to have sent them to an image hosting site, and from there you can get a suitable link to paste into a posting here. If it's been done right you can find out by hitting preview before post and the image will appear with your text.

BTW, I built the first issue of the Flycatcher kit and was very impressed (apart from all the fiddly resin pipes for the engine, but that's down to me rushing it too much).

Paul.

Paul,

To place an image on a Hosting site and put the link here sounds like "to scratch the left ear with right hand across the skull", sorry, if this is Forum's policy than it is not for my particular convenience... I've always was looking for optimising things and cut few corners to have things done better and quicker rather than create unnecessary moves. Please don't get upset about it but no, I'd rather place these images on the FB and Instagram and place a link here later - much easier and straight forward. 

I am glad you had almost no trouble putting together the AR48001 - it is a lovely kit (though a man under alias Harris Ali from one of the Tamiya's magazines slugged the kit off before even building it) and yes, we had two completely opposite groups of critics when it comes to our resin engine sets - it is either "Hey, Armory, why on Earth you make the engines in one piece??? It does not fit into kit's cowling!" or "Gosh, you guys love those small bits to fiddle with!" :)  This is normal, with the scale model kit manufacturing is almost like with cooking - there is no golden middle suitable for everyone, the same kit (dish) done (consumed) by different people will bring up different opinions and this works to our advantage allowing us to look at our products from different prospective(-s). 

Recently we passed Flycatcher's catapult fitting measurements to Neomega UK, so I guess we are to see a catapult with a Flycatcher sitting on it soon.

ILYA 

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Fairey Flycatcher (early, late & floatplane) by Armory Models Group - released - new boxing soon
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Fairey Flycatcher (early, late & floatplane) by Armory Models Group - released