Fujimi Mitsubishi XT-2 kit, is it any good?

erewhon1872

Hi all,

not sure if this is the right forum to ask this but was wondering is anyone had build Fujimi Mitsubishi XT-2 in 1./48 and is it a good kit?

I don't know if these kits are now 1990's vintage but they seem to sell for a high price and I wondered if anyone had experience with this or other kits by Fujimi and could tell me if they have problems or are well worth the investment?

I haven't checked but with a type like this I should imagine it's hard to find aftermarket bits for it?

Interested in any replies,

Pete

I've seen but not built the Fujimi T-2, it's not a bad kit for its vintage with crisp moulds, good recessed panel lines and decent detail. Shape seem to be good too.I believe some boxes can still be found around without having to spend too much money on E-bay.

At the same time it's not as detailed as the more recent Hasegawa kits, if you're interested in building a 1/48 T-2 this is the kit I'd use.

Some aftermarket is available for the hase kit, guess it could be used on the Fujimi one too. At least a PE set would be needed as the Fujimi kit has decals for instrument panels and consolles and IMHO in this scale decals are not enough

Edit: here's one available in the UK

http://www.modelsforsale.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=507561

Edited by Giorgio N

Built the similar F-1 kit years ago.

There were also some boxings that had parts for both versions (F-1/T-2).

It's fully engraved. Parts fit OK.

Detail is not decent; it was :shit: even by late 70s standards (which is when it was first released).

We are in 2016 now.

Don't even bother.