roden spanish he111

cossack52

has anyone succeeded in building one of these?i read that individual kits vary;i've had 3 and found none of them buildable;i've coped with the ill fitting windows,but the wing/ fuselage joint has always defeated me!a great shame as i think it's the best looking of the 111's and worthy of a decent kit

There have been long threads on building these, so a trawl through sites such as 72nd Modeller, ARC and Hyperscale should bring some to light. Yes, people have finished them. I haven't finished mine, but did get beyond the wing fuselage joint - it isn't glued yet but does fit now. I gather I still have the engine cowlings to possibly thwart me, when I gather up the strength to have another go at it.

Mine is similarly uncompleted, but I have reasonable wing to fuselage alignment sorted.

Online builds refer to the mis-match in shape between the fuselage and it's bulkheads. Most builders re-shape the bulkheads to match the fuselage profile, I did the opposite and adjusted the fuselage halves using hot water. I've not had to use much filler using this approach and I'm convinced it's where the major fault actually lies.

Cheers,

Bill.