This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Jb65rams

JBs Shelf of Shame

I have a number of builds that have stalled, varies from a couple of months to a couple of years gathering dust on the shelf of shame.

Includes a 1/48 Stearman, a 1/48 Pitts Special, 1/700 HMS Furious and 120mm Confederate Cavalry Officer. If I can clear a couple of these I will be happy, but first up is Special Hobbys 1/48 Buckeye, started building this for the USN Group Build but just ran out of time.

The original build thread can be found here

The current position is shown below.

Build11_Buckeye048SpecialHobby_zpsf4764c

Finally found some time to crack on with this.

Build15_Buckeye048SpecialHobby_zpsaef8da

Decided I need to redo the wheels, just tried Fairy Power Spray for the first time, fantastic result, a couple of minutes soak and a scrub with a toothbrush and the paint just comes off. (Note to self - don't mix up the toothbrushes).

Fairy Power Spray is fantastic! You can even use it on canopies with no ill effects, just wipe the paint off with a bit of rag though, I hate to think how badly scratched a toothbrush would leave it. It's shaping up to be a lovely build, I do like the Buckeye, there's something really nice about the shape of it.

P.S. I bought a cheap red toothbrush to do my stuff with... Red for DANGER! :P

Sign in to follow this