43 Sqn Display Phantom XV571

That is lovely. I'm going to stick my head above the parapet as an ex rag packer though. Shouldn't the horseshoe 'chute packs be green? Not that that detail detracts from a very nice build. (and totally recognising my own inability to make anything like this)

Smashing! There's so much I like about it but the 1st thing that stands out to me is the restrained weathering/washing - just about right IMHO!

Got to say this is one of the nicest F-4s I've seen.

cheers

Rick

Smashing! There's so much I like about it but the 1st thing that stands out to me is the restrained weathering/washing - just about right IMHO!

Got to say this is one of the nicest F-4s I've seen.

cheers

Rick

Thanks Rick,

The weather wash I use is an alternative wash! Being out here the normal washes are not available so all I use is powder water colour paint, black and brown mixed into a runny mud and painted over the model before the decals are applied. Takes quite a bit of removing after drying but the end result is not to bad considering and much cheaper!

Cheers, Jim

That is lovely. I'm going to stick my head above the parapet as an ex rag packer though. Shouldn't the horseshoe 'chute packs be green? Not that that detail detracts from a very nice build. (and totally recognising my own inability to make anything like this)

Told you I'm not a Phantom chap!

Thanks all the same and glad you like the end result.

Cheers, Jim