Infinity airbrush

AnonymousFY21

Guys

If I get and Infinity, do I need to get the 0.2 needle set? Or will the 0.4 be good enough for most work. I assume the 0.15 is like the XF on badgers and useless for anything other than inks. Is the 0.6 compatible? :unsure:

Plus which tools do I need to get? :undecided:

It's all bloody confusing.

cheers

rich

It can be. :)

However, I'd recommend you get the 0.2mm needle, as it'll allow you to spray finer lines, and that's the one I pretty much use all the time. It's small without being ludicrously silly small like the 0.15mm (that missing 0.05mm makes it much easier to bend :blush: ). The 0.4mm can be used on the bigger jobs where you just want coverage.

Don't forget that when you buy a needle, you also need the tip & crown of the same size. My box of airbrush bits includes 2 of all the needles & tips, plus a bunch of spare seals, some spare o-rings, the reamer for the inside of the tip, the little bar that facilitates the removal of the rear of the brush, and a custom shaped little "bottle-brush" that makes a jolly good job of cleaning out the internals. I've also got the special "screwdriver" tool that allows you to replace the needle seal, which is buried in the rear of the brush. All cheap parts, but BOY do they make using & maintaining the brush much easier :)

One thing that I'm not that impressed with is the fine air pressure regulator that goes between the quick disconnect airline, and the brush body. Yes, it does allow you VERY fine control of your air supply, but it's a faff to get fitted & working (in my experience, as mine wasn't working properly when I got it), and is probably only of great use if your compressor's regulator isn't that good at controlling airflow. :shrug:

Thanks Mike :thumbsup: , you just saved me some cash FPC off the list :yahoo: . I am using an old Morris and Ingram pressure regulator/moisture trap and it seems to control flow pretty well, even on the compressor at work.

I will get the 0.2 nozzleset pack as this includes all the necessary bits I think :blink:.

Will def be getting spare seals and tools.

One last long question, well till the next dumb one anyway :confused: .

Is the side feed paint jar thingy worth it for large jobs? or is the large paint cup better, not that I can find out what it looks like, just listed in spares as 15ml paintcup. Ooh do you get lids with the cups, as I am really good at pouring paint on the floor :doh: when I get distracted :bristow: .

rich

You don't get lids with the cups, but you can buy them separately for a few pennies. I think I've got the small cup (plus lid) and the medium cup (sans lid), but I've never used the larger cup, because if I'm mixing a big batch of paint, I do it in a mixing pot, and pour more in when I run out.

The large cup is plastic IIRC, and I remember wondering whether it'd interfere with your finger on top of the trigger. I decided against it, mainly for the reasons above. Funnily enough, the paint in the small cup seems to go a long way, so I've never even thought about larger cups.

You mentioned that it was side feed... maybe that's something that I didn't notice when I looked at it originally... I thought it was just a direct screw-in to the top.

124403.jpg

If that's what you mean... :sick: forget it!!! :lol: The whole positive aspect of gravity feed is wasted... You'd be better off getting this one, which holds up to 50g:

50ml_clear.gif

Lots of pics of the tools etc.

Cheers again Mike :worthy:

OK last question I promise :D .

The 0.2 nozzle is available as two types. The fineline one and the normal. Which do I need. I had considered getting the fineline nozzle set (two point one #126833) and the other type of nozzle cap set (circular with holes #123763) to give versatility, if it's needed? :blink:

rich

I've got a sneaking suspicion the only difference between the fineline & non-fineline is the additon of the word "fineline" :hmmm: My 0.2mm has the little holes in the cap, but as far as I can see, they're just cosmetic... maybe the fineline head matches the styling of the Infinity, while the non-fineline doesn't? There's a $5 cost differential, but other than that I can't see much point in paying more :shrug:

I wonder... could the fineline be the one that'll allow you to use the distance cap, for producing fine lines?

That makes sense. God knows why they give an option, although I suppose your needle is more protected with the evolution type.

Thanks for the help.

rich

The fineline model takes the Crown and the Fileline nozzle. The Non fineline version will not take any other crown.

Peter

Hi Peter

Well I have ordered it, so we will see what happens.

I went for the fineline nozzle kit, as the parts breakdown shows both being compatible and Obeeliks don't list a seperate fineline Infinity, just the two in one. :suicide: It appears the other type of nozzle with the holes is an Evolution one (numbers match) and H&S just refer to the non crown type being clear-view nozzle cap.

What Mike said makes sense, in that the distance cap will only fit the clear-view type and not the Evo type. What is even more confusing is if you download the pdf spare parts list from H&S, this lists both nozzle types as being fine line, just refering to one as needle cap and the other as air cap :wacko:.

So thanks for the help guys. I need :beer::beer::beer::beer:and more :beer:.

rich :banghead: