Zvezda Aeroflot Tupolev Tu-134A/B-3

richellis

Zvezda Aeroflot Tupolev Tu-134A/B-3

1:144 Injection Moulded kit.

revised-tu134-boxtop.jpg

The Tupolev Tu-134 was given the NATO code name of ‘Crusty’ is a twin engine airliner, with a similar layout to the BAC 1-11 with the engines in pods at the rear of the fuselage, and a T tail layout. It was produced between 1966 and 1984 with 850 being built, plus 2 prototypes. This kit has the option to build an early A version with the typically Russian glazed nose, or a later second series B-3 with its solid radar nose, and a higher seating capacity.

The decals in the box are for the national carrier Aeroflot.

stuff%20002.JPG

The kit comes over 2 main sprues in Zvezda usual grey plastic and is very well cast with no flash on the review kit. As we have come to expect the casting to top notch and the detail on the parts is fantastic. The panel lines are mainly engraved, with raised detail where required. The detail on the engine fans can be seen below.

stuff%20003.JPG

The undercarriage legs are complex mouldings and have some moulding pips that will need careful removal but the gates are very thin so shouldn’t be a problem. The detail on the legs is very fine, and some parts are delicate. I have shown a shot of some of the parts below.

stuff%20004.JPG

The rear bullet fairing has broken off my review sample but this will glue back easily.

stuff%20005.JPG

The wings come on the second sprue, and the casting is to the same high standard, and the wings come over 3 parts. The top of the tail is also on this sprue and is in one part with the top and bottom moulded as one. The rudder is also on this sprue and being a separate part will allow you to pose it offset.

stuff%20006.JPG

I have shown the underside of the wing sprue, the outer section and the trailing edges are cast on the upper sections to allow the edges to be scale thickness.

stuff%20007.JPG

There is a single clear sprue and this includes the flight deck windows that have the flight deck roof moulded as one, and all the cabin windows. The glazed nose is also found on this sprue, and will need very careful masking over the clear areas!

stuff%20008.JPG

There is a single decal sheet that includes decals for the early or late Aeroflot livery. The decals look nicely done and sharp but the finer details are not as crisp as some kit/ aftermarket sheets.

stuff%20009.JPG

There is a stand included, and it is massive! I have shown a pot of paint to give some scale! A section of the belly will need removing during the build if you want an in-flight model and this is covered in the instructions.

Conclusion

A cracking kit, well cast with great detail, just as expected from Zvezda!

A recommended buy!

Review sample courtesy of

logo.jpg

• Like 1