This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here:

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

  • Announcements

    • Mike

      Ongoing DDoS Attack causing Forum Slowness   26/04/17

      In case you have missed the announcement, the reason that the forum has been slow at times since the minor version update the other day is due to a Denial of Service attack, brute force attack on our email, and judging by the lag with our FTP response, that too.  If you're feeling like you're experiencing a glitch in the Matrix, you're not wrong.  This is the same MO as the attack in September 2016 that occurred when we transitioned to the new version 4 of the software.  We're currently working with US and UK cyber-crime departments, who specialise in this sort of thing, and we're hopeful that we'll be able to track them down this time by using the accumulated evidence already held.    We are pretty certain that it's a continuation of the same attack last year, only at a reduced intensity to deter people from using the site "because it's terribly slow", rather than taking it down completely, and we're also sure of the motivations of those responsible.  Spite.   Please bear with us in the interim, and wish us luck in dealing with these.... "people".

Deadman Disciple

  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

220 Excellent

About Deadman Disciple

  • Rank
    Topic Killer
  • Birthday 02/10/75

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Bilston, England
  • Interests
    Making models, watching Pro Wrestling, Gaming.

Recent Profile Visitors

420 profile views
  1. whoops, sorry about How tall is it once assembled? Wayne.
  2. Whoopsie, its £50-£60 & it wants the balance on despatch, but at least its a uk seller.
  3. Just found the Bandai AT-AT on pre-order from Japan Cool. Best of all its listed at £24.00 /w Free postage, most of the ones ive found are from £45 onwards. Ive just ordered one. Wayne.
  4. I filled it in & asked for:- ALL the podracers from Ep1 in 1/48 or bigger. Republic Troop Dropship from Ep2 in 1/48 or bigger. Also it would be nice if they had a UK store. Wayne.
  5. Simply Amazing, the detail & weathering is great. Is this the Bandai or Revell AT-AT & how tall does it stand? Wayne.
  6. Just bored watching tele & did another search for the Raptor. Hannants are doing a future release listing. And for the armament set. Wayne
  7. Daymn, thats a great video. This is a good reason for my to try Milliput now. A great find, Wayne.
  8. The chain I used for the anchor chain is made by beads unlimited, again I bought from Hobbycraft. On the bag it says:- CHTR2 AC trace chain, 1 meter low nickel. Hope this helps. Wayne.
  9. You need to primer everything, will make the paint adhere better. You can assemble the parts & glue them to the deck first & you can primer then. Its your personal preference. Wayne.
  10. Not sure how a model accessories shop would be NSFW? My apologies if it got you into trouble. Wayne.
  11. A model shop in town, that's a rarity these days. lol Im my experience with this kit, you will need at least £15 in Revell paint to complete this. When you goto Halfords, get yourself 1 can of each:- Acrylic Grey Primer Acrylic White Just look at the side of the can to make sure its acrylic, they go for £7.99 for 500ml can. Trust me you will need the white spray for the white side of the hull & superstructure, this was a 1st big build & I didn't know anything about spray paint at the time & the white hull & superstructure took me 8 coats of white by paintbrush to get it perfect, but if you spray it, it should be one maybe 2 coats. Also be careful when cutting the railings off the sprue, they are very thin & will snap, so when cutting them off use the craft knife for that Rigging will be a pain too, especially around the smokestacks, use your tweezers. Another thing about the rigging, DONT cut to length as per the instruction sheet, it'll be too short, always leave a bit left over & cut it off the excess when you have attached them fully. Also pop to hobbycraft or a cheap costume jewellery shop & get yourself some small chain for the anchor chain supports on the front of the ship, as this kit does not come with anchor chain, it should be about £3-£4 for a meter in a small bag. Wayne.
  12. Thats why im hoping that Forbidden Planet will update the page with selling the Raptor kit along with armaments set they are currently advertising. Wayne.
  13. Ive gone all Micheal Keaton-Era Batman mad. Batwing was £37.99 Batmobile was £31.99 Batboat was £29.99 My ebay auctons paid for the Batwing & a small windfall paid for the Batmobile & Batboat. Well chuffed, Wayne.
  14. If scratchbuilding your own does not work. Take a look at Live Resins range. Ive bought from them before & the detail is well tasty. Wayne
  15. Looking forward to see a WIP on this. Been wanting to get one of these for a while now.