north west airlines color, what is it?

im building an airbus A330 and just ordered my decals from draw but can anybody tell me a colour match. even if i have to get a can mixed up from a car shop

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Northwest-A...776efbe78d5c194

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Northwest-A...776efbe78d5c194

the colour is metallic grey xtracolour have got the paint the numbers you need are x367 which is virgin grey then u need to over coat with x369 which is mica 2 topcoat this is what i recomend or if u can find a geryish silver will also do as it looks like siver but its not

the colour is metallic grey xtracolour have got the paint the numbers you need are x367 which is virgin grey then u need to over coat with x369 which is mica 2 topcoat this is what i recomend or if u can find a geryish silver will also do as it looks like siver but its not

Hi Chris

i found that revell 371 is a good match for the grey but you do need the Xtracolor X369 to overcoat it with

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

I have just found an old can of moondust silver from back in my cosworth days :) and it looks like a great match to NWA and I think I'll do a tester with some mica 2 added on top in a moment

Hi Chris it is Xtracolor X367 virgin atlantic grey over coated with the mica pearl that i sent you this is from the NWA decal sheet i have for a 757-300

Simon

Hi Chris it is pearlescent not mettalic that is the difference paint the grey and give it a coat of mica and see how it looks different

it looks a lot better Simon, revell 371 like what Richard told me and the mica 2