Loening OA-1A W/A

p-26luvr

Thanks Carl, added their walkarounds page to my favorites.
Hey Don, did you get a good look at the Martin MB -2. With the set of photos on this site and another one I now have a total of 12 good photos to use with the Glencoe kit. On http://hawaii.gov/hawaiiaviation-photos/ in the 1920 s section there is a photo of an MB-2 taken from below that is very interesting. It shows a crew member down in the landing gear trying to make some repairs. The colors interest me. A very big U.S. ARMY in white, going almost full chord on the wings. The whole plane is Olive Drab except the lower wing area from the fuselage to just beyond the motors which is a lighter color. I'd speculate that it is yellow or unbleached linen where it is a slightly tonally darker shade than the white letters. I plan on using this photo for color refernce when I build my model. I'm thinking that with you being ex-navy aircrew you might enjoy this photo. Carl T :speak_cool::speak_cool:

I did see that shot awhile back, although you've picked up on some details I missed. To tell you the truth, the first time I looked at the photo I totally missed the guy on the landing gear! Ummm, I'll blame it on the painkillers... :doh::oops: