Avro Lincoln conversion in 1/48: will the Paragon conversion kit work with the new HK Lanc?

Hello all, 

I have reviewed various videos which compare the Tamiya Lanc with the new Hong Kong Lancaster in 1/48, and while the kits are similar in size and scale, there are a number of notable differences in layout and shape. Most notably, according to the reviewers, the HK Lancaster shows a slightly wider girth near the nose, and a markedly different construction sequence with respect to the nacelles.  The HK and Tammy wings appear identical on the videos.  I was wondering if any one has attempted to convert the HK Lanc into a Lincoln using the Paragon conversion kit and if so, what was your experience?   I’ve never built the Tamiya Lanc, but I know a few men who have, and they all said that the 50 year old kit was a handful, especially when putting the fuselage halves together.  Thank you in advance for any opinion or thoughts on this conversion. 

Edited by 28ZComeback

I toyed with the idea, but there seems to be slight size differences with the width and height of the fuselage, for instance. Mating the Paragon fuselage plug to the HK fuselage would require a lot of work, so I decided it would be beter to use the "old" Tamiya kit for the conversion, and to build the HK kit as a Lancaster...plenty of interesting versions and markings.

HTH

Marc

PS I even purchased the Sanger kit to see if it would be possible to mate the Paragon ( and some Tamiya-) parts to it 😲

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I would tag onto that the same question related the using the Tamiya vs HK Lancaster for a Manchester build.  Two parts really; first anyone try to mate the Paragon Designs Manchester conversion kit to an HK kit?  Anyone try to use the Sanger Manchester with the HK kit.

• Thanks 1