Academy 1/72 Scale PBY-5A ...

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

This has come up pretty nicely Steve, in spite of your issues with the nose weight. The odd time I used lead shot I mix the shot & the PVA together & then place them, a bit more of a fiddle but they do stay put & avoid issues like you had. If you haven't done so already, get some acid free PVA, the standard stuff can set up a reaction with the lead & if it is tightly packed enough, can cause expansion & crack seams. They sell the acid free stuff for kids to use.

Steve.

Good tip on mixing the lead shot and PVA glue before placement.  I have a P-38 in my stash and I believe that model is notorious for being a tail dragger.  

3 hours ago, RaisingArizona said:

Good tip on mixing the lead shot and PVA glue before placement.  I have a P-38 in my stash and I believe that model is notorious for being a tail dragger.  

I did a Hasegawa P-38 for a Group Build last year, it wasn't too bad for nose weight, maybe worth having a look at some of those builds, you might find someone who has built the same as what you will build & get an idea of the weight you might need.

Steve.