New! Mikro Mir 1/72 Scale Martin XB-51 Bomber

On 8/5/2023 at 9:03 AM, 71chally said:

Hi Ed, amazing build, as usual with you and your chosen subjects, the finish is fantastic!  The day-glo really breaks up the expanse of the natural metal finish.

I viewed this last night (before the previous two comments were up) and I thought then that there appears to be something odd with the stance of the model on the ground. 

The real XB-51 sat at quite a nose up angle on the ground, when viewed from the side the forward main wheels are lower (and clear of) the gear doors and the engine nacelles. Has MikroMir got the gear leg lengths wrong I wonder.

I don't know whether they got it wrong, or whether I got it wrong because of lack of positive location pins/holes/slots, etc.on the model itself.  I was just glad to get something done.  The perfect 1/72 XB-51 model has yet to be built.  I look forward to the next modeler up!

Ed

• Like 1

Great job Ed.

I have thought about getting one of these for a What If build but the cost had put me off.  After watching you make a great model out of it I will be content with the stash I currently have.

It was fun to watch you problem solve.  

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 4:13 PM, philp said:

Great job Ed.

I have thought about getting one of these for a What If build but the cost had put me off.  After watching you make a great model out of it I will be content with the stash I currently have.

It was fun to watch you problem solve.  

I understand that, Phil!

Ed