Lockheeds and a Convair

Not much commonality between these two types but I hope you enjoy them none the less. Both L-1011s were photographed by me at DFW while the F-106 was photographed by my good friend Tom Long at McChord AFB. The Hawaiian Air TriStar has always been a personal favorite of mine.

Steve

y4mMwzqphD14bQT_H18hvdkwGEvAWFhuQZhW2Sy9

y4mEdGHlMgQcZ0JK_BCNTYhl7ziogkgzYj-Xmm1M

y4m2oyU4WWIbKR6DyTX2feoPO3P5dbrr1BVzyg3A

• Like 5

I rode on L-1011s twice. Once coming home from basic and advanced training from Sheppard AFB, I was supposed to go on a DC-9 after taking a puddle jumper to Houston. (with an 8 hour layover in Louisiana) I'd never flown commercial before and I showed up with my ticket at the first gate I saw that said "Delta." The nice lady at the counter told me my flight was a few gates down, but that flight went straight through to Atlanta, and left 15 minutes earlier than the other and I could wait there. The flight was fully booked, but if their were any no-shows, I could board. Sure enough, I was waved on board, the L-1011 had a seating capacity of 350, there was myself, a guy in the Navy, a family of four, and about 340 drunken Mary Kay cosmetics sales conventioneers. It made for an interesting three hour ride. Years later, I got another ride on one from Atlanta to NYC for a six week contract aviation maintenance job at JFK. It was a super-smooth ride...

...Thanks for the picks!

• Like 2