Airfix 1/72 Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero

Bodmin

I'm a bit late to the party but a model I had in mind a few weeks ago was already virtually built so wouldn't have been eligible  for entry, Shame as I think it may have been an interesting one. Anyway I received this in a mystery box the other day so it would be rude not to enter it. Pressure on now to get it completed this week. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Major error in the model making process; I didn't double check the the tin when I picked it out of the slot at the weekend. Somehow managed to come away with humbrol 80 instead of 75. Anyway as time is pressing I don't have time to wait until tomorrow so I've used what I could find that looked something like the box art. Some Revell tin with 88 written on it in pen. I think I labelled that some time ago as the humbrol equivalent, so that equals Dark Deck Green in my estimation.

y4mMjbzLUDwJ3jiFgruD2EhXbIilCt56P-0Et-JE

• Like 4

welcome along and my apologises for the late welcome, some, how I managed to miss or lose this thread.

It's great to see another one of these great models in the build, they have been popular.

You got off to a great start and made swift progress on her. Nice job with the painting as well, to my eyes that green looks pretty close. With the remaining colours to go and the decals, she should look spot on!!  :thumbsup:

So good luck with the remainder of this blitz build. 

On 8/1/2022 at 5:22 PM, Bodmin said:

Major error in the model making process; I didn't double check the the tin when I picked it out of the slot at the weekend. Somehow managed to come away with humbrol 80 instead of 75. Anyway as time is pressing I don't have time to wait until tomorrow so I've used what I could find that looked something like the box art. Some Revell tin with 88 written on it in pen. I think I labelled that some time ago as the humbrol equivalent, so that equals Dark Deck Green in my estimation.

y4mMjbzLUDwJ3jiFgruD2EhXbIilCt56P-0Et-JE

You could take advantage of the Humbrol 80 and treat it as faded green.  And then you can airbrush a darker green around the panel lines.  So the H80 will appear as sun-weathered between the panel lines.