Macchi C.200 profile question

quangster

10 minutes ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

According to the book Ali e Colori Volume 2 about the Macchi C200 Saetta aircraft number 96-10 was built by Breda so like Giorgio wrote you have to find out what cockpit colour was used.Page 32 of Aviolibri special number 5 Macchi MC200 Saetta part 1 by Maurizio Di Terlizzi shows three pictures of the cockpit of a restored aircraft painted in verde anticorrosione.🙂

I just took a look at the Aviolibri and saw the verde anticorrosione cockpit.
I guess I decided early on to build my model on the base of the Aero Detail book . Indeed I got to stop the research somewhere or else I would spend my life researching instead of modelling.

The two reasons I’m doing a model of the Seatta are simple: 1-painting a tri-colore Italian camouflage, 2- dealing with the open wheel bay/fuselage interior. 

Of course, I’d try to deal with the other issues (paint, technical matters, …) with the best of my modest ability but they’re NOT my priorities.
My goal has never been to make a museum exhibit. I’m only in it for the fun and the excitement. And also for the pleasure of exchanging views and learning from you all.

Cheers,

Quang

WOW!
That impressive build is a French A-team’s effort: one did the detailing, our own @Zigomar did the camouflage, another the stencils, another one the clear parts and a last one did the propeller logo. 
It’s a really tough act to follow, even more in a smaller scale. But it’s the name of the game, isn’t it?

Thank you @Blimpyboy for the link. No doubt it will serve me greatly for my build.🙂

Cheers,

Quang

Edited by quangster
  • Like 1