Winsor and Newton Galeria Gloss Varnish

Valleyforge

Does anyone use the following product for sealing in their airbrushed paints. Ive heard the name floating around the sight and was wondering if this is the product that most people use to do the job. Ive used Tamiyas XF 22 in the past. However, this as just run out and I want to try something different so as to widen my work with other products. Thanks In advance. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Hi there,

I have used all the Windsor & Newton clear coats at various times and they work very well through my airbrush with no thinning.

I usually pick it up at The Range where it's a tad cheaper than anywhere else and comes in bigger bottles.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Alistair

5 hours ago, AliGauld said:

I have used all the Windsor & Newton clear coats at various times and they work very well through my airbrush with no thinning.

Hi Alistair, thanks for the reply. I was beginning to think no one was going to come back to me on this. I purchased a bottle of this at the weekend. My initial thought was it might have been a bit too thick to put through the airbrush; so I thinned it. However, it just went really thin and watery; so wasn't sure if it was going to do the job in hand. I then thought go for it and put it in neat. It seems even though it looks gloppy and thick in the bottle it does sprays quite well.

5 hours ago, AliGauld said:

I usually pick it up at The Range

This is were I got mine from. A small bottle of 75 ml just to experiment with.

• Like 1