cooper s 1:32 my second build

riggy

As mentioned in my thread on my first model car http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235015090-first-car-model-revell-shelby-mustang-gt-350-124/ I got a mini cooper 1:32 from my daughter for Christmas I have completed the interior and hopefully will soon be having a go at spray painting for the first time ever this weekend on the minis body (using acrylic paint). Quite pleased with the interior so far

Airfix Mini Cooper S 1:32 scale

Thanks for looking and any comments welcome

Paul

• Like 2

Just now, Séan Pádraig said:

Are you using rattle cans??? How did you find sparyng.

No I bought a compressor and airbrush from a well know web site for about £30 to play with.Made a stand with a metal coat hanger and used a box as a spray booth Getting used to it but a bit of a small model to start with

Now added the grills and windows

Body sprayed, grills and windows in

6 minutes ago, Séan Pádraig said:

I built this same kit a while back and enjoyed it a lot . . . one tip I was given was when spraying RED or WHITE it helps keep it bright by using a WHITE undercoat....

Wish I had done a white undercoat as it has dried a bit dull but will remember for next time. I have also enjoyed building this kit 

• Like 1

Hopefully this is just one on many kits you will be building... we all learn as we go along... there are many many tricks and tips to discover. Do you intend to build only cars or will you be having a go at aircraft or armour subjects as well.

23 hours ago, Séan Pádraig said:

Hopefully this is just one on many kits you will be building... we all learn as we go along... there are many many tricks and tips to discover. Do you intend to build only cars or will you be having a go at aircraft or armour subjects as well.

This is my second car and I have also done two small planes since the summer. Just picked up my next car to build a Revell 1:24 1970 VW Beetle Cabriolet and hopefully this will end up a better build than my first two

• Like 1

Getting closer to finishing this one and learning lots of lesson (most of them the hard way:mellow:) Needs decal putting on and a few little touch ups.

Need to be more careful handling the model as I have got a few fingerprints from gluey fingers etc

Nearly finished needs decals adding

• Like 1