ancient Revell BBMF box set

Hi all,

Following on from my Lancaster post back in February, I gained some BBMF box sets from the lady across the road, one Airfix and this. I made a start on the Revell set, which is a 1987 anniversary set.

Nowhere near as detailed as the latest offerings, but how old are these mouldings? The Spit and Hurri are rather basic, and were assembled out of the box with my choice of colour scheme, rather than what Revell intended to match the decals! When I get my airbrush up and running I'll probably subject them to a little weathering, bring out what detail there is.

The Lanc was modelled as the Canadian Warplane Heritage Musuem's own 'VERA', which I enjoyed photographing last Summer. I chose the Revell model as the turret looks more like the Martin one fitted to the later Lancs - the one in the Airfix kit is more 'bulb' shaped and suited to my proposed 'Thumper' model.

The turret was moved forward, side windows filled, exhaust cowlings removed and some Quickboost exhaust pipes fitted in their place. Decals from Kitsworld, the 'Three Sisters' set. Painted with Humbrol acrylics and some nice hairy sticks from the art shop, varnished with Humbrol 'Clear' (as it took forever for the Glosscote to dry on the last one and the Mrs wasn't too keen on the smell!)

Having a rest before starting on any more, though I think the Victor is up next! Had enough camo for now!

17833787169_6486171a0c_z.jpg

17993562016_1cebbd7a6b_z.jpg

18020022645_b97a946d39_z.jpg

17399493153_7c2503c235_z.jpg

17832367130_04bea8a4d8_z.jpg

• Like 4