I'm causing a nuisance with this one...

Hi all,

I've been building a lot of armour lately, really found it to be my 'natural' genre- weathering effects are really good fun to add.

So this is my first plane in abut 10 months: an Amodel 1/72 Yak-18

These were used by North Korea as 'Nuisance bombers' and as such this kit includes Korean markings and a couple of bombs.

P1030309_zpsdc0fb7f8.jpg

So what's in the box?

P1030311_zps2953ce62.jpg

All pretty standard, and like most Amodel kits- looks really simple and easy at this stage...

Step 1: I added instrument panels from paper. Found a YAK-18 photo on the net and resized it. Normally I'd photocopy the large image to reduce it to the correct size- 8mm across, as this preserves the detail much better than an inkjet printer can cope with. But I didn't bother this time as I looked at the thick, cloudy canopy Amodel provides and thought, why bother!!!

printscreenpanel_zpsf9cd9754.jpg

P1030318_zpsee4b198d.jpg

P1030319_zps5755fb0a.jpg

Will

Edited by Killingholme
  • Like 1

Bit of progress...

P1030321_zpsdcfa53d3.jpg

P1030320_zps7c9c6dde.jpg

All courtesy of Amodel with the exception of the control columns. Amodel always give you enough to have a start on a detailed cockpit- and it does always check out with the prototype. But I doubt any detail will be seen under the thick canopy, so I went down the 'glue together and paint one colour' approach. Still, a pleasant evening's work. Now I'm off out for a beer and a BBQ...

cheers!

Will

• Like 2