Hobbyboss 1/32 Spitfire MkVb

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great Christmas and new year.

This is the Hobbyboss 1/32 Spitfire Vb with the Barracuda cockpit set, RB harness and Master Hispano barrels. There are some generic cockpit placards from Fantasy Printshop as well. These were a bit fiddly, but I'm ok with how it turned out.

Overall this kit went together very well, a few niggles here and there but I would say anyone can make a nice Spit from this one if they put a bit of effort in.

I wanted to complete this kit in the markings of Flight Lieutenant Eric Lock. This was in part going to be a bit tricky as his aircraft has the victory sign on the sided of the fuselage, and in 1/32 scale it was going to be quite the challenge to get an acceptable result freehand. Fortunately, I found a Montex set on ebay that had the markings for Lock's aircraft. I had, however already done the kill markings, identifications and serials from generic decal sheets. No matter, the rest went in the spare decals folder, I'm sure they will be used at some point in the future.

I used the Montex camo masking set for the paintjob, which worked absolutely superbly. Colours are Humbrol 90 (sky type s), 29 (Dark Earth) and 30 (Dark green).

I gave the model a light panel wash wIth MIG dark - I didnt want to overdo this, in some areas its subtle, and others barely seen at all. Wear at the wingroots was done with Vallejo liquid silver lightly dabbed on with my drybrushing brush. I considered the planes must have gotten muddy boots on them as well so I did a light dabbing of MIG earth followed by a dark wash. Looks ok to me.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with this one, It's the first model I've completed for some time, my original project (Revells 1/48 b-1b) falling by the wayside after a seemingly endless run of issues. There's a few glaring errors/omissions; the pitot tube decided to leap into orbit, the harness dosent appear to have an upper attachment point, little stuff like that, but I think it looks nice on the shelf and I really enjoyed building this one.

Thanks for taking a look, all replies welcome

Cheers,

Jase.

IMAG0183_zps1057e912.jpg

IMAG0181_zps0b0a85ab.jpg

IMAG0178_zps113df0e9.jpg

IMAG0184_zps94c53d61.jpg

IMAG0192_zps228cdc7f.jpg

IMAG0189_zpsb32fc837.jpg

Edited by Digital Genocide
  • Like 2