Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Wingnut Wing'.
Found 2 results
Hallo again Now I finished my Stahltaube from WNW. Actually it was not an easy kit. My first small fault was a front bulkhead, which was misaligned. Here I had to do some restoration work at the front part of the fuselage. Well, after this my next challenge was the filling process. I usually worked with Surfacer. Here, it did not work at all. So I went on with super glue, as my husband told me to try. This worked perfect. So, after all this, the paint job was next. Here I was in the wonderful situation, to have close examined a replica of the Etrich Taube, some years ago. So I could adapt some ideas for coloring the wings. Well, after a long nerving battle, the Taube I finished yesterday. Happy modelling
Hallo again Now here I do a Roland CII early from WNW in 1/32 scale. This a/c is at the time of design at 1915 a highly sophisticated a/c. Why: The aerodynamic with the goal to minimize drag was the guideline. At Göttingen, the University in the field of aerodynamic, with his head Ludwig Prandtl (4 February 1875 – 15 August 1953) was in charge of design. The concept was excellent, since the margin of 30km/h was reached. The same basic design was used for the Spirit of St. Louis. Spirit of St. Louis The overall concept for flight characteristic was poor. No downward visibility. The rudder response was poor, because of low incident flow at the rudder area. The build of this a/c is straight forward. · One point to mention: The shading or visual effect of ribs due to the fact that the fabric was translucent. You see the poor result at the rear stabilizer, as I did it. · Now I change the method: The surface is colored as it should be with any base color. Afterward I will take the base color and rib color in 1:10 or 1:5 and spray the exact pattern of ribs. It should work out much better and it is 100% comprehensible for other models. So, that is it. After it is finished, the late version will follow! Happy modelling