Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

ruth

Members
  • Content Count

    29
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

ruth last won the day on November 20 2019

ruth had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

362 Excellent

About ruth

  • Rank
    Newbie

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Female
  • Location
    Vienna

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hallo again Here is one Sopwith Dolphin in 48. Enjoy the photos. Happy modelling
  2. Hallo again This Salmson I built some time ago. Enjoy the photos! Happy modelling
  3. Hallo again This is my Fokker E IV. In scale 1/32 from WNW. Happy modelling
  4. Hallo again Enjoy the photos! Happy modelling
  5. Hallo again This kit is scale 32. Not easy! Happy modelling
  6. Hallo Here are some more pictures.
  7. Hallo Some pictures are gone! So you get better ones: Happy modelling
  8. Hello, Robin-42 No farther references do I have, just the instruction from WNW. Happy modelling
  9. Hallo Kushan_Farsight All sprayed. My imagination according to the replica of the Taube. Scale is 32. Happy modelling
  10. Hallo again Now I finished my Stahltaube from WNW. Actually it was not an easy kit. My first small fault was a front bulkhead, which was misaligned. Here I had to do some restoration work at the front part of the fuselage. Well, after this my next challenge was the filling process. I usually worked with Surfacer. Here, it did not work at all. So I went on with super glue, as my husband told me to try. This worked perfect. So, after all this, the paint job was next. Here I was in the wonderful situation, to have close examined a replica of the Etrich Taube, some years ago. So I could adapt some ideas for coloring the wings. Well, after a long nerving battle, the Taube I finished yesterday. Happy modelling
  11. Hallo again After a long break in the forum, here what I did: I finished the model. To build up the main plane, with all the struts, and I rigged afterwards the entire static rigging. No control cables at all! The most important tiny point is to watch out carefully, that no eyelet sticks to far in the hole for the main tail booms. This occurred at my husband’s model! Well, the tail booms mounted and all goes quite fast. Assembling all the parts. Think first, how to proceed and then do it. As you see: The control cables where the very last, expect the canon and windshield and so on. In all, I was astonished to see it all happen, after the tail was assembled, it worked out all so quickly. A very nice designed model. All the model companies can learn from WNW. I will watch out carefully, when my husband starts with his AEG, the Gotha and 0/400…… Happy modelling
  12. Hallo again Now all flying surfaces got their first paint treatment. Pre shading of ribs. Due to the surface finish color, I used a brown for the underside and black to the top surface. The masking was a task of entire patience. The spraying process was quickly done. The final colors also. After this again a major task of patience. All metal plates for the wing support plates and struts had to get their black finish. Again masking all over. The biggest area to spray was the walk way on the top surface of the underwing. Now you see the final result. I will do the decals and eyelets as the next steps. Happy modelling
  13. Hallo again Now I did all the woodwork on the struts and propeller and fuselage booms. The oil I used the same way as I did before on the front fuselage. So, after carefully doing it and waiting approximately for one week I could do some GX 112, clear gloss varnish. Painting and spraying followed. It was lots of work, just to add: All necessary drilling for eyelets at the boom was before using oil, also the complete dry fit of elevator and rudder. Stencils at the struts I added. For the boom: I did not use the decals for bandage, I sprayed it. Just to prevent loosening it during assembling. Black and aluminum I painted by brush. The area around the front top pulley at the tail boom I sprayed. Happy modelling
  14. Hallo again Actually, I took a break during the holydays. What I have to tell you: The completion of the fuselage is actually straightforward. Nothing special to add. Before adding the gear, I made eyelets for all static rigging points on the fuselage. They are self-made, and it is really easy to do it. After application of all decals and stencils I added the gear. And rigged it right afterwards. The next step is analyzing the static rigging of the whole a/c. To understand the different planes of rigging. At the fuselage: 1. Top plane 2. Bottom plane 3. Right plane 4. Left plane 5. Cross plane The control cables are led via pulleys. There is some work on the detail, so you can use them properly. Specially the two pulleys for the elevator on the top wing must be drilled carefully. All tools are explained in detail at the two articles from the forum. So read it carefully! Well, that is it. Happy modelling
  15. Hallo again Now I sprayed and painted many small parts. All interior, engine as well as the external parts necessary to finish the main fuselage completely. The engine has two main colors. Aluminum and copper. Here I used C8, Alclad copper, and Alclad steel. I did not use the primer, since C8 from Mr. Hobby does not need it at all. Some other colors like black and brass, white I painted or brushed. The engine I assembled. The installation I will do with the other assembly parts after decaling. Happy modelling
×
×
  • Create New...