Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Apocalypse'.
Hi all, This is going to be my first of two entries (I had previously mentioned what I was planning in the chat thread.) This will hopefully be the easier of the 2 and the quicker and … my favourite (but ssshh don’t tell the other!). It’s a small-ish diorama/vignette of a beaten up post apocalypse Gepard. I’m gonna stick a whole bunch of random bits to it to make a sort of ‘across the ages’ tank with a mix of ww1/ww2/Cold War/sci-if items included. Two figures on the edge of a sinkhole/crater. I want people to look it and think “what the hell is that?”. I have never looked so forwards to a model or group build as this and have held back from it for over a year now. So super psyched. The model itself I saved from a so called box of ‘junk’, comes complete with many random faults which I would never have thought to have added. It also comes with its own entrophy… lots of mould, dust, broken parts, parts missing or in the wrong place. Plus the massive amounts of poly cement everywhere. It’s an older tamiya kit I think which was in a box in an artic for the past 20 or 30 years. The first thing I did was take it apart and give it a good clean with hot soapy water. As I took it apart more bits fell off… which is just the sort of natural random destruction I want. Then I started to add some of the bits I wanted to change to the turret. I thought the Gepard looked a little under gunned (joking!) so added a pak 38 to where the radar once sat. I also moved the mount for the top radar to the rear, closer to where it should be. I’m gonna add a new scratch built radar to replace the one missing from the top and a dozer shield for its front, amongst a few other bits and pieces. The hole on the top of the new gun mount I added an armoured plate, cut down from a spare part: I’m gonna add armoured textures, flame cuts and new weld seems along with additional armour plate next. This will cover up any gaps. The large hole beneath the new gun mount will be filled with putty or milliput which will look like the mount from an m48 Patton, with the canvass cover. The camo scheme will be of my own design, one of my sons is into mine craft so going to give it digital camo blocks and Enderdragon purple eyes. The main scheme will be black, white, silver and greys. With the digital blocks being carried through out in a combo of these colours. I’m going to keep the rubber band tracks, maybe cut one off and keep the other attached. Spikes will be added to hatches and barb wire wrapped around each gun. One of the AA guns will be broken off, laying on the ground and the second will hang loose with scratch hoses and electronics gubbins hanging out it. I may add schurzen, but will see how I go. I had to make the base to see if it fitted (anyone for a large cheese roll?) It’s very rough cut insulation mounted on a Poundland mirror. I need to carve the crater out from the centre to place the tank on its rear end sticking up, to see if it fits ok. I was originally going to cut the end off the tank off (engine end) but as the base is so chunky I may leave it on and use this to help keep it up right on the foam. You’ll see what I mean better later on, probably doesn’t make much sense at this stage. Then I made up the figures: filled a couple gaps with plastic putty, added a gun sling and wires to the flame thrower: I’ve added the axe to the modern day figure as well. I’ll further explain my colour choices for these little chaps once I have the paint on. I’m wanting to add to the ‘across the ages’ look to them, similar to the tanks theme. All the best, Paul.
I want to show you a model that I made in 2017 for a Facebook model competition (won it). The theme was post-apocalypse. I used a Chinese toy car: Chevy Camaro '67 in 1:34 scale and a 1:35 WWII figure from Tamiya (with a WH40K helmet). I also used accessories for WWII Tamiya military models. The base is made of styrene foam, the billboard is a vintage advertisement print and glued to the styrene frame. The bundle on the roof is a tissue soaked in wood glue, placed on polystyrene cubes
Hi, Had a few weeks off from modelling, needed a bit of down time after the last project had idea of doing a Model T ford or other rusted vehicle, but remembered that I had already started a VW Samba Bus. So what to do with it. Well it will be rusted and a bit run down. Whilst at IPMS Avon Model Show I picked up a couple of figures from Nuts Planet, Overwatcher and Vagabond. This project will feature Vagabond who has come across a broken down Samba Bus, but where is everyone... I already had a base which was going to be used for something else that never materialised, so halfway there with this project. Going to have bus stuffed with stowage and stuff scattered on the floor around the bus, as if whoever owned the bus has fled or worse turned... Figure is well cast, no seam lines to clear up, cast in grey resin, comes with a rucksack,jerry can, sawn off shotgun plus some pouches to go on his belt. This will be my second Samba Bus, the other was a Post Apocalyptic Battle Bus. More tomorrow. Cheers Richard