'Cos it Seemed Like a Really Good Idea at the Time

Richard E

Is anyone else going to own up to buying one of Hannant's half price Revell B1s at Waddington yesterday. I know it's not supposed to be the greatest kit of all time but at £12.00 it was a bargain, well that's what I told myself when I handed over my credit card although I did manage the resist the suggestion that I buy two.

Anyway, it's now sitting in the cupboard on top of the unbuilt B2 and I'm trying to forget the thought I had whilst driving home: now I've got two I'm going to have to get a B52H to complete the set.

Is anyone else going to own up to buying one of Hannant's half price Revell B1s at Waddington yesterday. I know it's not supposed to be the greatest kit of all time but at £12.00 it was a bargain, well that's what I told myself when I handed over my credit card although I did manage the resist the suggestion that I buy two.

Anyway, it's now sitting in the cupboard on top of the unbuilt B2 and I'm trying to forget the thought I had whilst driving home: now I've got two I'm going to have to get a B52H to complete the set.

Oh boy... you may just regret that last statement... :D I've got caught up in the same kinda bug - but I've opted for the Trumpy TU-95MS Bear-H and the AMT B-52H as a standing pair. Only problem is.. the B-52 needs some serious re-working, particularly on the engines!

Mine have been sitting in the stash for a few years now, and I don't see me building them any time soon. But I'm sure they'll look fine sat together on a pan diorama (as in the famous post-Cold War pic).

Must be my own special brand of masochism, as my next planned project is an in-flight dio with Revell's 48th B-1B and F-15E from Mountain Home... I'm beyond saving!!!! LOL!

Kevin S :guitar:

Only problem is.. the B-52 needs some serious re-working, particularly on the engines!

Kevin S

Kevin,

I have added this to the list Gary posted as wants via AW thread.

Just one of the Ummm areas aren't they?

Adrian