Here to look,watch and learn.....

Kenny Stevens

Hello folks,my name is Ken Stevens.

I'm not a model maker myself ,but I've been sent here(a couple of years ago TBH)by a bloke I used to work with who is not only

a paint sprayer,but an airbrusher and model maker.

I think he's Miggers on here(obviously I know his real name is Mark Polles)I do know that he's a very good painter,knows a fair few pilots and aviation

people and likes aircraft.

By trade I'm also a paint sprayer,so bearing that in mind,a couple of years ago I asked my wife for an airbrush for a birthday present

and my ex-work mate(he left the firm a while ago to go painting for another firm)told me to come on here and have a look at what could be

done with an airbrush.

I bought an Iwata HP-C Plus and am slowly getting to grips with it(two years on!!!,not used it much),Mark gave me a few lessons

and a spare compressor he had plus a few other bits and bobs to help me along.

Mark also invited me to his house to have a look at his models,wow,that was an eye opener.

He has his loft converted out and has a model airfield up there with all his planes(mostly Royal Navy I'm sure)on display.

He really has some fantastically finished planes,some immaculate,some dirtied up,but all finished by airbrush.

After looking up in his loft,we went into his other "mancave" for a pint.

You wouldn't believe it,he has a wartime themed miniature pub in a room in his house!!!!!

There's photographs,paintings,his relative's war medals,more planes hung on the ceilings,but best of all,a working bar with working pumps

and beer on tap.Brilliant.

I was blown away with it I can tell you.

Sorry for the longish intro,but I'm hoping to have a goood look at all types of models and pick up some tips and tricks for

airbrushing.

Many thanks,Kenny.

• Like 1