Hasegawa GR7 harrier wing vortex generators

lesthegringo

Guys, this question is repeated from over on the 'reviews' section.

Eduard have a set of etched frets for this aircraft, but I'm surprised that the exterior etch set doesn't include the wing vortex generators. Correctly located, would the ones from the FRS1 set be the right shape? I know that the template that positions them for the FRS1 is completely different, but there are the correct number per wing (11, assuming I haven't got that wrong)

Cheers

Les

It also appears to me that SHAR and first generation Harrier vortex generators are (at least two) different sizes as they move outboard as opposed to remaining a constant size on Harrier IIs. And this, infuriatingly, isn't catered for on any etch set I've looked at so far!!!

Nick

For completeness, the ones you queried directly above Nick B are on a Sea Harrier FA2 with the upper dog tooth faired-in, an extra wing fence and one less vortex gen (where the gap is) than the SHAR FRS1 had.

Statement of fact... Please note that some scale plans and profiles have got these wing differences badly wrong - giving the FRS1 an FA2's wing fit.  Caveat emptor for the otherwise excellent Warpaint SHAR book where, despite those errors being flagged when they were produced no acknowledgement has been received.

The same artist's Harrier profiles in other publications should also be checked; as I've seen the error repeated.

It's a bit like showing a Spitfire Mk.IX as a BoB aircraft of the time in a profile I suppose.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Nick

Edited by NG899
typo