Paint recommendations

evinX

Hi all, new member here. Im Kevin and im 21, got back into building models after about 6-8 years.

Im used to following the instructions and paint recommendations from humbrol, but have purchased some twosix and xtradecals which require specific colours that humbrol dont offer. I really like to use acrylics and dont like enamels.

Can anyone recommend any matches in acrylic for these colours (dont mind a bit of mixing!)

COROGUARD, have seen people used humbrol 56, and tamiya xf-32?

BOEING GREY, have seen recommendations for humbrol 129 and 167

also im going to be doing some sanding and need to get some primer, is normal automotive acrylic primer from halfords ok to use with humbrol and revell acrylics?

Just completed a 1/144 lufthansa a380 and will post pics soon.

many thanks, Kevin

another Kev.....welcome :)

Coroguard - tricky stuff, looks different depending on what the light is like, what the altitiude of the aircraft is....opinions vary :)

I lean toward Humbrol 56 I think it is, looks ok to me, other view it differently

There used to be decal shets for the coro panels, I've used some, not totally convinced about them but in a small scale, they look ok

Boeing grey...another tricky one, agfain different people have different opinions; mine is get a tin of xtracoloir Boeing grey from Hannants, take it to your nearest halfords and ask them to mix you a spray can that matches the colour on the tin lid

It is a bit pricey but it's worth it, imho

Halford grey primer works ok with everything I;ve used it on but be aware you can put enamels over halfords but not the other way around.

have fun

another Kev.....welcome :)

Coroguard - tricky stuff, looks different depending on what the light is like, what the altitiude of the aircraft is....opinions vary :)

I lean toward Humbrol 56 I think it is, looks ok to me, other view it differently

There used to be decal shets for the coro panels, I've used some, not totally convinced about them but in a small scale, they look ok

Boeing grey...another tricky one, agfain different people have different opinions; mine is get a tin of xtracoloir Boeing grey from Hannants, take it to your nearest halfords and ask them to mix you a spray can that matches the colour on the tin lid

It is a bit pricey but it's worth it, imho

Halford grey primer works ok with everything I;ve used it on but be aware you can put enamels over halfords but not the other way around.

have fun

Ok i have me some humbrol 56 here, will give it a try as the man in the model shop suggested it to, with the boeing grey, do you think the humbrol 129 or 167 will be ok, im doing a 2010 virgin 747 and just need to paint the wings in this colour, im itching to crack on :D will head to the model shop tomorrow to get the paints, just need to establish a alternative for boeing grey as i dont really want to get a can mixed at halfords, i enjoy the hand painting much more

i have me some humbrol 56 here,

if your brushing it, then stir it until the paint and your arm scream for mercy, then use thin coats, very definately not one thick coat with this stuff....