The making of a monster-1/48 MiG-25 Foxbat

(Ed)

Hi! my name is Ed, a few people on this forum probably aleready know me, I'm 15 years old and i've been meaning to start this project for some time now but i finally found time and managed to get started. The first thing i noticed about the kit is it's size. It's absoluteley massive with the main fuselage coming in four separate parts and various other details like the mostrous Tumanskii engines and the totally inaccurate cockpit. Nontheless, i decided to use it anyway as this is my first real post and i thought i'd do an 'out the box build' Enjoy!

revell-04589.jpg

The first thing i assembled was the rear fuselage, Ther weren't any major fit problems at all.

Photo-0049.jpg

Another photo showing the enourmus afterburners

Photo-0050.jpg

Here's the forward fuselage...

Photo-0051.jpg

Here's a photo of the cokpit (sorry about the terrible quality)

Photo-0053.jpg

And finally heres a pic of the decal sheet (just thought i'd post a pic for convinence)

Photo-0055.jpg

Cheers for viewing, i should be posting again soon and sorry about the chronic turnout of the cockpit photo!

Hi Ed,

This thing brings back some memories for me. One of the first kits I ever built myself was a Hasegawa Foxbat. I remember watching (partly,I was only 9 at the time) a film called "Foxbat" about Victor Belyanko's defection to Japan in 1976, and the day after I saw this kit in the local modelshop. There is something about those big Russian / Soviet interceptors :-Fishpot, Fiddler, Flagon and of course the Foxbat that I have always found fascinating. I think I may be tempted to get one of these...

Anyway, a great start, and you're right about those afterburners!

Joel