Spitfire Mk.IXc flown by W/CdrA. Gabszewicz, CO of Northolt Wing, Northolt, summer, 1943 1/72 Eduard

I've recently finished Eduard's 1/72 Spitfire Mk.IXc and I've decided to share the results in my first post on this forum. I hope that the final effect is passable. 

The kit was relatively easy to assemble with few poor design choices by Eduard but nothing major. It was a simple build straight from the box (with the exception of photoetched rear-view mirror) and I've decided to skip on rigging (antenna). As the antenna extends from the middle of fuselage (where roundels are located) to horizontal tail stabilizers and I was worried that during the fiddly process of attaching it I'll damage said decals.

Short note on this bird history:

EN 526 was one of the personal mounts flown by Aleksander Gaszewicz, the CO of 1st Polish Wing. He used this aircraft from June 20 to mid September, 1943. He managed to achieve four of his 9½ victories while flying EN526. For the first time, Gabszewicz´s personal emblem appeared on a Spitfire – a boxing dog wearing Polish national team colors. Gabszewicz led the Polish No. 316 Squadron previously and the unit badge is painted aft of the canopy. The code letters SZ belonged to this squadron also. The G letter and the pennant symbolized the pilot´s surname and commanding officer´s aircraft respectively.

As it is royal quattro edition there will be more of the same in foreseeable future :-)

53616506464_5d1f9f4986_b.jpg

53615295387_a43cfbbc29_b.jpg

53615294187_fa329e54c1_b.jpg

53615294662_0286c28527_b.jpg

53616373048_e02ed80cf3_b.jpg

Cheers

Adrian

• Like 31

What an excellent and delicately prepared Spitfire, well done!

Always good to remind ourselves how much the brave Poles helped Britain in WWII.

Whereabouts are you in Oxfordshire?

Regards

Andrew (nr RAF Benson)

• Like 1

Thank you Andrew. Just on the northern edge in the lovely town of Banbury.

Thank you Chris. 

As I'm a bit of a compulsive buyer I've ended up with quite a few Spitfires from Eduard and the general idea is to try to make at lest one machine for each nation/pilot that used them.

It is a mamooth task that probably will take a decade or so bu I'll give it a go anyway. :)

So far I've got Spitfires planned for English, Czech, Slovak, Kiwi, Georgian, Aussie, French, Russian (on both eastern and western front), Canadian, South African, Dutch, Norwegian, Burmese, US, Israeli and Egyptian pilots. ;)