As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Ginga'.
Found 2 results
1. Folding the Eduard seatbelts prior to painting. 2. The result shown in the next image will prove to be wrong.. 3. If you're going to build this kit, di purchase the Eduard masking set. Six stickers for this part alone... 4. No jury awards for this kit, as the bomb bay will be shut. I thought there's already plenty of model planes with open bonnets / inspection covers / bay doors / gear doors etc. I'll instead focus on the beautiful lining of this plane. 5. The pre-painted photo etch pieces have an unnatural shine to them. This will be corrected later using oil paint. 6. Coming back to #3, here are two of the six stickers in situ. 7. Some are not large. 8. All six in place.. I thought. 9. But blessed be macro photography! I changed my mind when I saw the above picture and corrected the position of one sticker. 10. As mentioned before, the 'side panels' are wrong as they interfere with the 'wing tabs' which will go here: 11. Dryfitting, marking and cutting with Xuron through the brass. 12. On the next photo the brass is cut to shape. 13. Mind the little desktop though, designed by Yokosuka engineers to enable pilots to solve sudokus and draw manga figures during calm flights. Next photo shows that the desktop straight versus the pilot's instruments as well as at the right height. 14. Eduard put this wrong in their instructions though. Photo hereunder shows (1) the actual situation; (2) how Eduard thinks it should be; (2) how I think it should be implemented into the kit (3). Some changes needed to be made.
Hi, The second today very old kit with plus fourty years from doing her - Yokosuka/Kugisho P1Y Ginga in Allies code "Frances". Kit by Revell (https://www.scalemates.com/kits/135250-revell-h-103-kugisho-p1y1-2-ginga). This is bomber version. I also made her in sometime between 1974 and '76. This is my last one Revell old Japan - after Ki 21, Ki 49 Donryu, Ki 45 Toryu, Nakajima Gekko and Nakajima Hayate - which I posted before. The decals had some shift between yellow and background white - I did not tried to correct it. Only upper wing decals are replaced since they became too dirty. I never added too much exploitation - just very few signs of it. Perhaps I was happy with uniiform matt Airfix 21 cover from top... Comments welcome and regards Jerzy-Wojtek