Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'ju 87g'.
Found 3 results
Stuka Ju 87G-1 Revell 1:48
Joanna posted a topic in Work in Progress - AircraftThis is the second 87g-1 model I've built. I am planning to paint a tan and/or green camouflage with my new airbrush. I'm going to try weathering on this model since I've gotten pretty good at the painting part. I finished airbrushing the base tan on the wings and small pieces and finished all of the blue. I plan to make the canopies open and no pilots in it, and gear are always down anyway. I'm planning to paint one of these designs but I'm not sure which one yet. Input with this is appreciated! I'm not sure if I should put the under wing guns on yet either. Here are the top of the wings and a couple miscellaneous pieces including the rear gun, the unfinished gear, etc. This is the bottom and top of the tail. Here is the canopy glass which I will hand paint and the finished wheels. I have yet to finish the fuselage but the taped parts are blue and the pilots and gunner is installed. These are the decals I plan to use, and of course they are the only decals I have.
1/48 Ju87G-2 Italeri or Hasegawa?
Bigglesof266 posted a topic in Aircraft WWIIPer poll. Having trouble finding either in stock ATM. Thanks.
Hans Ulrich Rudel´s Junkers Ju 87G-2
Sturmovik posted a topic in Ready for Inspection - AircraftThis Hasegawa kit was offered on discount by a seller after he told me the Bf 109G-2 I had bought had the clear and resin parts missing, so I snatched it. This model doesn´t have the fit which Hasegawa is so praised for. Trying to glue the wing/fuselage join as is will result in a step, so the best course of action is to add a sprue, flatten it, and test fit, that way, the wings will sit flush with the fuselage (as shown in the first photo). The other area of concern is the wing itself, it´s the Ju 87B wing but with extensions, which aren´t well moulded and have a ridge where the wing was retooled. If you can, buy the Italeri Ju 87G-2, I bet since it´s the most recent offering, it is correctly moulded. The aircraft was brush painted with Revell acrylics, masked with Tamiya tape to get the hard edged camouflage, and I used a 2500 grit wet sandpaper to eliminate the paint ridges as best as I could.