Search the Community
Showing results for tags '1/72nd Hasegawa'.
This is my entry for this group build. I will be using the Hasegawa GR1 kit, which I have had in the stash for some time. The PP Aeroparts stuff and Neomega ejection seat will hopefully add something to the kit. Decals will come from one of my old Modeldecal sheets, although I haven't decided on a squadron yet. Weapon load will be four 1,000 lb bombs with a centre line fuel tank., plus something on the outer wing pylons, possibly an ALQ pod and a Sidewinder,I have photos of 14 Sqn aircraft that show both.
Hi all. This one has been sitting on the shelf for a while, so with other bits and pieces drying for other kits, I got back into painting it. It's the 1/72 Hasegawa F-4EJ Phantom with Hawkeye decals to be dressed as a 1 squadron jet. This one one will be on a stick, hence the gear up. The tan had been applied quite some time ago so on Saturday night I pencilled in the camo scheme using a Faber Castell water colour pencil and then applied the light green. Sunday was the darker green’s turn. The paint has been applied freehand and this is the second model I’ve tried it on. I’m really happy with the result considering it’s a 72nd scale model. I used a Harder and Steenbeck with a 0.15mm needle and about 12-15 psi on the pressure gauge; enough to get a fine line but not so low to cause the paint to spatter. The colours used were Gunze H420 RLM80 Olive Green, Gunze H303 FS34102 Green and Gunze 310 FS30219 Brown. The underside is Gunze 338 Grey. The metal panels around the exhaust are done in Alclad, specifically Stainless Steel dusted with dark aluminium and then a very thin mix of translucent blue on some of the panels. All of it was then sealed in with Mr Color Clear. The decals are from Hawkeye which look good but are printed on a single piece of carrier film. The roundels also have the white backing decals which I’m not a fan of. I had a rat through the decal spares and found a sheet of Australian roundels from the Peter Russel era of Aussie Decals. I tested a roundel on the upper wing and although it took a while to de-stick from the carrier paper it reacted very well to Microsol. You can see the result in the picture of it. The glue residue is visible in the pic but it will be wiped away. I’ve since painted the red fuselage warning band for the compressor blades. I enjoy the painting stage the most and this one has been a lot of fun. I think I’ll need to investigate the three tone Vietnam era camo subjects a bit further. Weathering soon!!! Cheers, Mick