1:450 Boeing 747-200 KLM

richellis

Revell 747-200 KLM Injection Moulded kit

1:450 plastic kit from Revell

747-2%20box.JPG

The Boeing 747, better known as the Jumbo Jet first flew in 1969. This kit is the 200srs and that was an improvement over the original 747-100, with more powerful engines, but this model retained the shorter upper deck.

This model includes decals for KLM, Royal Dutch Airlines, and has Pratt & Whitney JT9D-7 engines, this Jumbo, PH-BUB, a 747-206b was delivered to KLM in early 1971, and was sold to an American airline in 1989.

When I first saw Revell where re-issuing the classic 747-200 kit, I was not alone in being excited, but was soon disappointed to see it was the small 1:450, not the 1:144 one.

747-2%20sprue1.JPG

747-2%20sprue2.JPG

The kit is cast in white plastic and is spread over 2 sprues, the detail is raised and in my view will need to be removed as it looks wrong, with the windows being far too big, I have shown a close up below

747-2%20close.JPG

There is some flash on the kit, but it is quite an old mould and will be easy to sort with a knife and a sanding stick, some detail is basic, but as you would expect in this small kit.

747-2%20decals.JPG

The decals are nicely done as you would expect from Revell, it looks in scale and the windows look a much better scale size, you only have the option of doing one aircraft from the KLM fleet.

Conclusion

It is a basic kit, but would make a nice small replica. I will be passing this on to a youngster as I feel this is where this is aimed, a nice small pocket money kit.

Review sample courtesy of

logo-revell-2009.gif

• Like 1