Eduard Brassin F-16CJ Block 52 Engine set

Hi all

Recently during one of my online shopping sprees I came across some new resin items by Eduard who have recently started their Brassin line and I decided to give them a look. The first item I chose to purchase wa the 1/48 F-16CJ Block 52 "Engine" P&W -229 set to use on one of my Tamiya kits. Upon initial inspection I realized that Eduard is serious about going into the resin business as the quality is right up there with the likes of Aires (who in my opinion are the standard in the market today). The set comes in a nice blister pack with foam padding for the resin parts and a seperate window above that contains two PE parts for the flame holder. The resin itself is flawlessly cast in dark grey resin with no sign of mould defects, pinholes, warpage or flash present. I am assuming they do their casting using the spin cast method similar to that of Aires.

What do you get in the set? Well I will let the photos explain for themselves! You get a new fan face with a highly detailed shock cone It is a two piece affair that gives you the outer turbine fan as well as the second stage. The blades on the fan are simply beautiful. For the exhaust you get a new exhaust come with finely detailed turkey feathers, an exhaust tube with fantastic interior detailing as well as a resin turbine section ad two PE parts for the flame holder. The whole setup is easily one of the best sets I have come across and will go a long way to improve the look of your Tamiya kit. That being said, it is also a set that you do not have to have as the detail on the Tamiya kit is very nice OOTB. The Eduard set will most certainly put your model over the top if you choose to use it and priced at roughly $17.99 USD it is a real bargain considering the level of detail included. Below is a selection of photos of the contents of the set as well as comparisons to the Tamiya parts (in white).

At the end of the day this set proves to me that Eduard is serious about their new resin line and are really going to make a splash on the market. I think Aires may have some competition at the top of the hill!

Nice, clean packaging

IMG_0388.jpg

The resin fan and compressor sections

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

Exhaust nozzle comparison

IMG_0393.jpg

Exhaust duct and donut panel comparison

IMG_0394.jpg

I wish the pics did justice to the resin exhaust duct!

IMG_0396.jpg

Tamiyas which is also nice

IMG_0397.jpg

Intake fans

IMG_0395.jpg

Exhaust section and flame holders.

IMG_0398.jpg

.....and Tamiyas

IMG_0399.jpg

How does it fit up? Any shrinkage? The inner can looks incredible!

Mike

I haven't slaved it up to the kit yet but will be tonight. The exhaust nozzle itself appears to be exactly the same size as the kits so hopefully that is a good indicator.

More to come!!

Mike

That looks rather nice! Must keep my eye out for these-the quality looks to be incredible!

Tom,

Being in the resin biz myself I can honestly say that this is the quality I could only hope to achieve someday. I guess I need to learn how to use CAD!!