Rodens new DH4

Repainted

Sorry to hear you've been in the wars Carl, hope you're on the mend now. I've just been investing (?) in a few 1/48 Bi-plane kits recently too.

So far;

Roden SE5a

Airfix Hawker Fury

Lindberg Bulldog

Roden Gladiator.

Not sure which one to tackle first though, probably the Gladiator, or I might start my Supermarine S6B which doesn't have too much rigging.

Doug.

Sorry to hear you've been in the wars Carl, hope you're on the mend now. I've just been investing (?) in a few 1/48 Bi-plane kits recently too.

So far;

Roden SE5a

Airfix Hawker Fury

Lindberg Bulldog

Roden Gladiator.

Not sure which one to tackle first though, probably the Gladiator, or I might start my Supermarine S6B which doesn't have too much rigging.

Doug.

Doug I am almost fully healed , thank you. I have all of the models you listed. In front of me right now I have the Lindberg/ Inpact Hawker Fury, Am at the sanding the fusalage stage & then on to painting. This time I am thinking of using Bare Metal Foil on the metal panels. :analintruder:

• 1 month later...
Good luck with the BMF, never tried it myself. I have found some nice thin foil on the inside of a Kit Kat wrapper though, thought I might try that.

Doug, I have read somewhere where some of theless popular brands of kitchen foil are thinner than the better known brands I've been looking for some of these. I just think it might make the cowlings look more realistic, like the old b/w pictures. A friend of mine just showed me his models of his 2 lightnings where he used the Alclad chrome on the intakes and they looked super. I may end up using that too. Carl T :speak_cool: