RAF Mitchell II

Grizly

Graham, Stephen

I apologise if you took my comments to be directed at either or both of you personally.

As you can see I have the books, and I also have an interest in authenticity - BUT I've seen loads of these threads end up in slanging matches (as this one is in danger of) between two or more members who are obviously very experienced, informed and educated, but can't agree. This can be construed as one is right and the other can't back down or, more likely, neither is completely right, probably because (as in this case) there is a lack of information on the subject and a degree of informed conjecture is required..

My point, simply, was that this disagreement isn't worth losing the valuable input of more experienced members to the forum, which is it's purpose.

More importantly, there is a danger of the more experienced posters intimidating less experienced modellers through their huge knowledge. I think it's important for information to be imparted in a friendly and helpful way to encourage modellers to improve the authenticity of their output. This won't be achieved if they're made to feel stupid.

I'm an inexperienced modeller from the point of view of my skills and output to date - I hope to improve. I do know a bit about the stuff we're modelling though, because I'm interested in it.

Don't take this stuff personally

and if we don't agree and continue to disagree? Don't see any problem. As far as I can see. no one has taken his or her ball and gone home.

What kind of world would we have if we did not disagree. Ugg says "Fire not good, it burns and hurts, and causes damage. We all agree? Good we all agree, no more fire from now on!"

Now about the Sun revolving around the earth, I can see it move from east to west.

Is not our whole democratic system based on disagreement and basically incorporated into that contentious document called the Magna Carta.

As for modeling, I find that very bad photograph of a possibly DG / MSG Mitchell most interesting. Do a model just for the helluvit.

Well, unfortunately, referring to those interested in colour as "colour police" or "colour nerds" and using "LOL" could also be viewed as unfriendly and intimidating, if not "slanging".

Obviously touched a nerve or two here - SORRY!!! Didn't mean to upset anyone!!!! I was trying to lighten the tone of what I thought was heading for a heavy thread and inadvertently made it heavy myself.... :sorry: