Paul A H

My vocabulary is absolutely big

• Product Reviewer
  • 5,212 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:18 PM

Eduard PSP Colour Base

1:72 Eduard

Posted Image

Pierced Steel Planking (PSP), also known as Marden Matting, was a perforated metal plank developed in the United States and used in the construction of temporary runways. A simple idea, PSP allowed a relatively small team of engineers to create a sizeable runway in a matter of days.

Eduardís PSP base is comprised of a single piece of injection moulded plastic on which is moulded a convincing surface detail of interlocking steel plates. It is pre-painted, so in theory it can be used straight away. In my opinion it will look better with a wash of thinned matt brown paint or, better still, brown pigment, in order to depict a more realistic dusty or muddy finish.

Posted Image

Conclusion

This diorama base couldnít be more user-friendly if it tried. No construction or painting is required, although in my opinion it will look even better under a coat of paint. Equally pleasing used on its own or as part of a larger diorama, this is a good value and innovative product.

Posted Image

Review sample courtesy of Posted Image

#2 Opadag

Opadag

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

While it is 1:72 thank you, what are the dimensions of the piece, if you have it to hand
MTIA