USAF M113s During Vietnam

e8n2

I have a Tamiya M113 ACAV kit which I plan on building as one used by the USAF Air/Security Police during the Vietnam war.  The problem has been finding photos where the serial number is clearly visible.  I have found a couple of shots where the only thing I can tell for certain is that they were considered an L type vehicle as opposed to the more frequent B or the K for most M series vehicles used by the Air Force.  As an example, one of the M35A2 2 1/2 ton trucks we used in my mobile radar squadron in Germany had the serial number of 76K 425.  An M49A2C fuel truck that we had was 81L 588.  I have tried contacting some organizations that I found on line that had photos to see if there were any that a clearly visible serial number, but have yet to receive any reply.  I downloaded a couple of videos from YouTube on Project Safeside where they brought in the M113 ACAV for base defense, but the shutter speed on the film is too slow to get a clear shot of the serial number.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave