1/12 Revell/Protar Ferrari 126C2

Hi VT,

please consider that I have just poured the resin in the molds without caring about making the latter act like "lungs",by squeezing them to let the resin flow into any crevice and pumping out the air bubbles in The process!

Even if my sample has been neglected in a lab it's worked like a charm and its properties are incredible....I think I'll be using it quite often instead of some Axsons...it may take ages for it to cure but you've got all the time in the world to let it vent naturally even without a vac pump!😊😊😊

Cheers

Manu

A small update while I'm still working on the engine' finish.I've tackled the two turbos,the Wastegate (wrapped in masking tape and masking fluid) and the exhaust "spaghetti".I've worked on it for 4 hours in a row with endless mists of transparent inks,Alclad's clears,heavily diluted Gunze RLM 66,even more diluted Tamiya Smoke,Alclad's Gun Metal and Manifold...the only thing I clearly remember is that last afternoon I've primed the thing with Vallejo's urethane Panzer Grau primer followed by Alclad's Stainless Steel....the rest is lost in the mist of time,even if I've put down the airbrush a hour ago!
I've tried to give this part the look of a freshly fitted one but I'm not satisfied, I'll go over it again with heavily diluted RLM66,especially on the turbo units after a light wash with some sand yellow and light rust.As you can see it's dead-stock...I just want to practice a little painting techniques and build this kitOOB.I'm all-thumbs and that's a fact,but in order to make everything look straight and true I've had to use all four of my two hands! :hanging:
Cheers
Manu

ex%204_zpsl9k7ehqi.jpg
ex%203_zpsvhl4qnuv.jpg
ex%202_zpsj5f7ixff.jpg
ex%201_zpslbtqn6bk.jpg
ex%206_zpsjodgjtkc.jpg
ex%205_zpsm86uie5l.jpg

• Like 1