heller pdf 30th annaversary set

scorpion

• 2 weeks later...

It contains the decent but rather dated Heller kits of the Ouragan & Magister as well as the Airfix Alpha Jet.

Now these kits are over 30 years old with raised panel lines, basic detail etc but they are basically accurate

and easy to build. (Not that you have any better alternatives...unless you buy a Airfix Fouga from Ebay which

I don't really think that it's any better.)

Decals are standard Heller fare; work fine but they are usually off-register. :lol:

Now I might be wrong but the set I saw here also came with a F-84G (again the OKish 70s kit).

But that was years ago and the contents might have been changed. :unsure:

how does the alpha jet compare to the matchbox kit for general overall look as i was thinking of using the matchbox decals as masking for getting the demarcation straight [esp the lightning flash] and when the paint is dry,remove the decals and replace them with the hellar alpha jet decals.....oh about the set you saw that also contained the f-84g?....that was the heller pdf 40th annaversary set

how does the alpha jet compare to the matchbox kit for general overall look as i was thinking of using the matchbox decals as masking for getting the demarcation straight [esp the lightning flash] and when the paint is dry,remove the decals and replace them with the hellar alpha jet decals.....

The Matchbox kit is complete rubbish.

It was based on the mock-up and was released before the real plane even flew, so it is basically a model of a model.

I have built three of the the four available Alpha Jet kits; unfortunately the Airfix one (what you get these days from Heller) is not one of them,

so I don't know how they compare shapewise.

As far as your plan is concerned, I don't think you will be able to remove the thick Matchbox decals that easily... :fraidnot:

oh about the set you saw that also contained the f-84g?....that was the heller pdf 40th annaversary set.

That figures.

no worries,would the decal idea work the other way around [using the hellar decals as the mask?]

Probably would... :hmmm:

Never tried something similar but they are much thinner than the Matchbox ones.

this arrived in the post today and well pleased with it,im actually delighted that the alpha jet is moulded in white plastic :thumbsup: so that will save a bit of time when it comes to painting it as the white parts are allready white [i absolutley HATE working with white paint]...oh and to correct myself :banghead: ...its the 35th annaversary set [1953-1988],not the "30th" annaversary set which i originaly said it was :bleh: