Grand Phoenix Seafire FR.47

Richard

This afternoon a lovely large box arrived on my doorstep containing the Grand Phoenix boxing of the Airfix Seafire! I've been watching ebay for this kit for the last 2 years but it has always been too $$$ or vendors would not ship outside USA.

It is a very very nice kit, unless you wanted to use the horrifically warped FR.46 wings! The resin is fantastic.

Brett Green's review notes that he didn't have the decals in his advance copy. The decal instruction sheet shows the same side profile for both versions of VP492, even though the plan view shows only one had the invasion stripes. Has anyone determined the accuracy of these markings? Now to decide whether I use the awesome decals, references will decide.

Now am I right that rockets would not be installed when the wings were folded? Note the FR.47 had hydraulic wingfold.

Seafires are (I believe) one of the forgotten piston fighters. Any suggestions for decent references? I guess I better find the Aero Detail for the Griffon Spits to provide engine details. I would be a great pity to not expose this engine, it is so well cast (better than the Aires DB605 in my view).

Richard