As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'its'.
Found 1 result
Me 262 build starts here! I started this build on Sunday 28th August. I've cleared up my environment so I'm free to make models once again, although it has been some time, so I thought I'd brush up on my skills again before I finish/ruin that harrier! So far I've been working on a mister craft hawker hunter which is near ready for paint and the aforementioned Airfix harrier which I've been dabbling with...... So, on with this build.... I decided it's going to be fast and from the box! A few parts make up the nose section and wings the fit is excellent, the wing/fuselage joint just clicks in, as does the cockpit assembly. This area was a bit fiddly! I superglued the console to my finger and I lost the control column to the carpet monster.......which, on a clean wooden floor is some feat.... (Oh yeah, there is also a big glue finger print melted into the port wing. Once dry I sanded this up. Looks ok now..... Glad I chose to practice!!,) After getting bored of searching for the missing part I picked out a few colours and laid down some paint.....first use of the gun in a while! Felt goooood! Went to bed, woke up, found the control column. Happy days. I used tamiya paints; German grey for the cockpit. RLM 02 for the undercarriage legs, doors and bays. Me262 round 2....... Cockpit. Some parts of this type I'm unsure of, I couldn't help but look for some pics to see what you should have here. Clearly seatbelts and seat cushion are missing. Also the gunsight is missing. There are a few more little details but I want this to be quick! The piece of foil that holds headache pills has a light embossed pattern. I've read about using this for belts. Why not have a go? It took longer than expected! Cut with a steel rule and scalpel, the "belts" were fixed with superglue. Seat cushion from styrene sheet, rounded a bit with a file so it looks more ummm, cushiony? Painted with games workshop acrylics. Browns on the cushion and bone for the belts. A few (because they were nearest) Airfix acrylic colors were used in the tub for switches and dry brushing. Tamiya flat black for the dials and green for the rediscovered control column boot. Looks ok. A fairly accurate representation of what should be. Except for the gunsight. Not sure about building one yet, I wanted a quick build. Sidewalls could do with something GAP filling... It should be fairly straightforward, looks to be parallel. Maybe next time? The fit of the tub assembly to the fuselage is excellent, it just snaps in... No glue! I just tacked it in with superglue. Me262 Weight and Luck! According to the instructions you need 5-8g in the nose. I found some appropriate sized weights. This time I'm using little screws, this turns out to be a lucky find! The small screws are about 0.5g and the big screws are about 1g. I could only fit two screws in the nose, so I had to remove the cockpit, that's the lucky bit, I'm glad I just tacked it with super glue. I got 8 small plus blu tac between the bulkheads, and I can fit 2 large into each engine nacelle. That's enough! This time I used the scalpel handle and blu tac to form a counter balance, just add screws! Me262 cockpit 2. I had to remove the cockpit to get some extra weight in! While it was out....... I broke the instrument panel off, by accident. While it was off....... I thought I'd add some of the wiring which can be seen through the glass... I discovered this detail while looking for the cockpit references. This took ages but I advanced my skills my a bit. I made some little instrument backs from the spares box, drilled some holes for the wire which was sprayed yellow and everything was superglued into place and trimmed to length with cutters. Then the panel complete was refitted to the tub. I think the wire was too firm for the task, I must try and get some lead wire. That's it for this part! Too much time wasted here....now time for the engines. (Pic to follow......)